A green smoothie can be a starter or a full meal. You can make a green smoothie for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The green vegetables, such as spinach, chard, or kale, have chlorophyll, which is the “blood” of the plant. Magnesium, which is at the center of chlorophyll. makes the chlorophyll green in a similar way that iron makes blood red. Magnesium is necessary for healthy bones and a healthy heart. It is found in many metabolic processes.
For some people, the healthiest vegetables are kale, spinach, beets, carrots, broccoli, and sweet potatoes, if fresh and good quality. For other people, the healthiest vegetables can be sweet peppers (paprika), Brussels sprouts, potatoes, corn, and cabbage, possibly fermented. Which are you?
The beet and the carrots have iron and potassium. Citrus fruit has vitamin C. Pure stevia extract or stevia leaves give the smoothie a sweet taste without the ill effects of refined sugar. The nuts and seeds give it fiber and slow the absorption of the natural carbohydrates in the vegetables.
- handful spinach, kale, chard, or other green leafy
- 1 lemon, lime, or grapefuit
- 1 cooked red beet
- 1 apple or handful pineapple, blueberries, strawberries (A), or other berries in season
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, chia seeds, or almonds
- 10 drops pure stevia extract (> 90% steviosides)
- 700 milliliters carbonated (O) or flat water
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (O), cinnamon (A), or clove
- teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Wash and then chop green leafy vegetable (so it does not clog the turrning blades of the blender), and put it in the blender.
- Peel citrus fruit, cut into quarters, and put in the blender.
- Put cooked red beet in the blender.
- Remove the core from the apple, cut it into quarters, or else wash a handful of berries, and put in the blender.
- Wash, peel, and chop carrot into slices the thickness of two to three coins, and put them in the blender.
- Put nuts or seeds, stevia, water, spices, and apple cide vinegar in the blender.
- Blend on highs speed for at least two minutes.
- Pour and drink up promptly. Yum.
- one half to one teaspoon of chlorella or spirulina (for more magnesium and detox),
- one half to one teaspoon of chocolate or carob (for taste and nutrients),
- one to two drops of peppermint essential oil (for taste and digestion),
- one half teaspoon of reishi or he shou wu mushroom powder (free of heavy metals, for nutrients),
- one half to one teaspoon of bee pollen or brewer's yeast (for vitamin B),
- one half to one teaspoon of vitamin C,
- one quarter teaspoon of niacin (B3),
- two to five drops of cobalamin (B12), or vitamin D (not from lanolin),
- any others to suit your taste (and blood type).