How to apply
How to apply these ideas about health via food to you, specifically? The objective is to lose weight and to gain health. Are you willing to change your eating habits? Do you truly desire good health?
- What is your blood type – O, A, B, or AB? If you are not sure, then you can have this tested.
If you donate blood, then they will tell you your blood type.
- What are your eating habits – your two or three most frequent dishes at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks?
- What are your favorite foods and drinks? Why?
- What are your least favorite foods and drinks? Why?
- Do you have any of these digestive problems –
constipation, diarrhea, bloating, excess gas, and stomach pains? When?
- How many people in your household eat together? What are their blood types?
- Do you already cook for yourself or for the household?
- If you live alone and do not now cook, are you willing to learn to cook?
- It would be better to change one thing at a time, one week at a time, according to the specific ideas of food combining, acid-alkaline balance, blood type eating. detox, eliminations, and chrono-nutrition. Specific suggestions could include meal plans, specific foods to be substituted, recipes, a shopping list, and local suppliers. One way to start is to get blood sugar under control.
- There is no shame, blame, guilt, or moral judgement about the current situation.
It is about health and a true desire to be healthy.
- What does it mean to you to be healthy?
- One option is to keep a brief journal of meals and your digestion one to four hours afterwards.
- Another option is to keep your own list one-by-one of foods that are healthy for you, foods that are unhealthy for you, and neutral foods. How? You can either eat a mono-meal or add or skip the food to your meal, and then listen to your body.